meringue : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n sweet topping especially for pies made of beaten egg whites and sugar
- This spy comedy always had a meringue of a premise (an electronics-store clerk becomes a spy after an email turns his brain into a supercomputer).
- The story, titled in English, Women Are Like That, is pure meringue.
- Gone are the old days when TV cooking simmered along on full-length programs over most stations around the country and the meringue melted under hot lights.
News & Articles
- Mango meringue pie with coconut macadamia crust
See what happened when Moriah Van Vleet paired mangoes with a graham cracker crust full of macadamias, coconut and lime slathered with vanilla meringue and toasted like a marshmallow. Continue reading »
June 20, 2013 - Berkeleyside
- Anna Paquin in Sify
It feels organic. It's more about being family than becoming Bridezilla overnight and wearing some big meringue wedding dress. That would scare the s**t out of me. I wasn't the girl who spent hours dreaming of my wedding,said Paquin, reports...
- Darrell Hammond in TransWorldNews (press release)
Effective immediately, each of us suspend our campaigns, and instead hold a series of three pie-eating contests,said Hammond (McCain). "Next Tuesday, Kansas City-lemon meringue. Saturday, Jacksonville-blueberry. The following week, in...
- Woody Allen in Telegraph.co.uk
Woody Allen said: "Comedy just pokes at problems, rarely confronts them squarely. Drama is like a plate of meat and potatoes, comedy is rather the dessert - a bit like meringue."