merging : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of joining together as one
the merging of the two groups occurred quickly
- n a flowing together
- v become one
- v mix together different elements
- v join or combine
- s flowing together
- A major step up for Mayer was entertainment tycoon Marcus Loew's reaching out to him as commanding officer of a new company merging Metro and Goldwyn, with Mayer soon adding his .
- In Ferrell's movies, male merging beats female interest to a pulp, and his latest, Blades of Glory, allows him several opportunities to stick his face in Jon Heder's crotch.
- What was foreseen was the merging of the Ward Bakery Corporation, the General Bakery Corporation and the Continental Bakery Corporation, concerns owning 157 plants from coast to .
News & Articles
- Spare the rod decision delayed by merging schools
Spare the rod decision delayed by merging schools A proposal to forbid it in the countywide school system stalled Tuesday when the school board asked administrators to bring back the latest research on spanking in schools. The Commercial Appeal (http://bit.ly/15Vwmh3 ) reported board member Joe Clayton, who spent 40 years as an administrator and principal, wants the option to be available ...
June 13, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Gannett Buys Belo in $1.5 Billion Deal
Media giant Gannett announced on Thursday that it was merging with television station Belo in a $1.5 billion deal.
June 13, 2013 - CNBC
- Pittsburgh diocese merging 4 suburban parishes
The Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh is merging four parishes near its bishop's hometown northwest of the city. Bishop David Zubik is from Ambridge, a few miles from the four Beaver County parishes that will merge to form Saint Monica Parish on July 15. The parishes to be merged are Christ the Divine Teacher in Chippewa Township; Divine Mercy and Saint Philomena in neighboring Beaver Falls; and ...
June 11, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Jerry Jones in San Antonio Express
He was the energy, really, that put together half of the league, and then he was the key person in merging the two leagues together,Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said. "You'd be hard-pressed to find anybody that's made a bigger...
- Alexei Miller in AFP
We are ready to examine the possibility of exchanging assets (of Gazprom and Naftogaz). In essence, this is a question of merging the two companies,said Miller.
- Gordon Brown in BBC News
I want to set off a chain reaction in our schools with these recognised brands merging with or taking over our weaker and coasting schools,says Mr Brown.