- n the combination of two or more commercial companies
- n an occurrence that involves the production of a union
- Industry experts speculate that bidding could exceed $21 billion before a merger is clinched.
- The Justice Department issues new antitrust regulationsWill this merger tend to create a monopoly or will it further competition? That simple question can often lead to a.
- For weeks the auto industry has been alive with rumors of a merger between Studebaker and Packard so that the two independents could compete better against the Big Three.
News & Articles
- Hospital reveals final merger terms
LEWISTOWN - Lewistown Hospital and Geisinger Health System have come forward with the final merger agreement, committing to the goals Kay Hamilton, hospital president and CEO, first referred to as her merger "Christmas Wish List.
June 15, 2013 - The Lewistown Sentinel
- Pender EMS, fire merger plans now go before commissioners
Merger plans for Pender EMS and Rescue and some volunteer fire departments in Pender County continue to move forward.
June 14, 2013 - The Wilmington Star-News
- Should this airline merger be allowed to fly?
The proposed merger between American Airlines and US Airways may not be a done deal, even if almost everyone is behaving as if it were.
June 14, 2013 - Chicago Tribune
- Glenn Tilton in MarketWatch (press release)
Tilton said, "Today is a great day for our customers, our employees, our shareholders and our communities as we bring together our two companies in a merger of equals to create a world-class and truly global airline with an unparalleled network...
- Sergio Marchionne in MarketWatch
Given the nature of the process itself and its short duration, Fiat has been unable to have full access to the financial records of Opel to determine its precise financial condition and thus properly frame a merger proposal,Marchionne said.