mensch : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a decent responsible person with admirable characteristics
- Another bachelor's mom, Esther, is a stereotypical smothering-Jewish mom, right down to the Yiddishisms, the kvelling over her "mensch" son and the Coffee Talk accent.
- A classic entertainer and a professional mensch, he knows how to couch a daunting issue in human terms.
- Williams was mensch enough to go public with his drinking problem instead of hiding it as 99% of celebrities do until it graces the front page of the tabloids.
News & Articles
Have fun with this!read the email from my Jewish fellow critic. Good fellow that he is, he was leaving it up to his Christian counterpart to address the conversion of Superman from immigrant Jewish mensch to weird Christ figure . Gosh, thanks, pal.
June 12, 2013 - San Diego Reader
- A questionable woman in the synagogue?
Ah! How authors wax poetic about the allure of a vulnerable woman! How tempting it is for that mensch in shining armor to whisk that vulnerable waif off her delicate feet and carry her away on his white horse, how tempting to rescue her from unnamed perils, and especially from her own demons.
June 12, 2013 - The Jewish Journal of Greater Los Angeles
- How To Install a Programmable Thermostat with Mensch with a Wrench
Installing a programmable thermostat is the quickest and easiest way to take control of your energy costs. Being able to regulate the temperature in your home will help save your money when you’re not around. As the Mensch with a …
June 10, 2013 - WGN TV Chicago