meniscus : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (anatomy) a disk of cartilage that serves as a cushion between the ends of bones that meet at a joint
- n (optics) a lens that is concave on one side and convex on the other
- n (physics) the curved upper surface of a nonturbulent liquid in a vertical tube
- The cyst came out with the meniscus.
- But I have torn the meniscus in my knee in two places, which requires surgery.
- With Liston facing surgery for a torn meniscus, or cartilage, and out of action for at least six months, the title fight was postponed indefinitely.
News & Articles
- Georgia's Reggie Wilkerson has knee surgery
University of Georgia freshman defensive back Reggie Wilkerson underwent a procedure to repair his meniscus in his right knee on Friday at St. Mary’s Hospital in Athens.
June 15, 2013 - News 12 Augusta
- 'Korean Zombie' replaces injured Anthony Pettis against Jose Aldo
A knee injury has forced Anthony Pettis out of his UFC 163 title shot against featherweight champion Jose Aldo Jr. Popular Chan Sung Jung will take his place at HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro on Aug. 3. UFC president Dana White tweeted the news on Friday. Pettis then tweeted about his injury, calling it a "small tear in my meniscus." Pettis (16-2), the former WEC lightweight champion, jumped the ...
June 14, 2013 - SB Nation
- Erik Kratz to undergo surgery for medial meniscus tear in knee
Phillies catcher Erik Kratz was placed on the disabled list yesterday with a left knee injury and it turns out that he’ll have to miss an extended period of time. According to CSNPhilly.com, the Phillies announced today that Kratz underwent an MRI which showed a medial meniscus tear. He’ll undergo surgery on the knee, after…
June 10, 2013 - NBC Sports: HardballTalk
- Mark Hughes in SkySports
Martin went to see a specialist on Monday and will fly out to see the guy that did his anterior cruciate ligament to have it re-checked,Hughes said. "The news is that it's not his ACL this time, he's got a tear in his meniscus that will...
- Theo Epstein in International Herald Tribune
If, when they go in there and there's an actual meniscus injury and they repair it, then yeah, 3-4 weeks,Epstein said. "If there's nothing, it could be even less than that."
- Sean Payton in 2TheAdvocate
Wednesday he practiced and felt pretty good and then yesterday he just felt it catch,Payton said. "That's pretty symptomatic of a meniscus, so they wanted to go in and look at it, they did, and then this morning they did the...