membership : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the body of members of an organization or group
they polled their membership
- n the state of being a member
- Today the Knights of Malta (membership 4,256) are as long on good works as they once were on swashbuckling adventure.
- And that swing in public opinion behind full NATO membership is one that few people expected.
- An internal survey recently indicated much of its membership was "stalled" in their spiritual growth, Lugo allowed that "it does raise the question of, once you attract these .
News & Articles
- Village council renews membership in DuPage Mayors and Managers Conference
DOWNERS GROVE – The Downers Grove Village Council voted Tuesday night to renew its membership in the DuPage Mayors and Managers Conference for 2013 and 2014.
June 20, 2013 - Huntley Farmside
- Board defends membership fee for lobbying group
The $3,500 annual membership fee the Gahanna-Jefferson Public School District pays to an organization that lobbies on behalf of school districts is worth every cent, district officials said in response to a concern raised by a resident during the school board's June 13 meeting at Clark Hall.
June 19, 2013 - This Week Gahanna
- BJ's Membership Club Opens 200th Store
Westborough, Mass.-based BJ's Membership Club has opened a new store in North Carolina, marking its 200th club location.
June 19, 2013 - DDI Magazine
- President Bush in CJAD
NATO membership must remain open to all of Europe's democracies that seek it and are ready to share in the responsibilities of NATO membership,Bush said.
- Patric Verrone in New York Times
The strike is over,Patric M. Verrone, president of the West Coast guild, said in a statement. "Our membership has voted, and writers can go back to work."
- Antonin Scalia in Lewiston Sun Journal
Justice Antonin Scalia, during oral arguments, articulated the problem with what emerged as the majority ruling: "It is so weird to require the campus Republican Club to admit Democrats, not just to membership, but to officership," he said....