- n an extravagant comedy in which action is more salient than characterization
- In A Lonely Place: In a Lonely Place is a Humphrey Bogart melodrama that seems to take forever getting to the point and just about as long driving it home.
- Velu (Kamal Hasan) has trouble juggling his family life with his life-and-death mob "family"; Ratnam has no such difficulty blending melodrama and music, violence and comedy .
- There's none of the mawkishness or attendant melodrama that so often mars Hollywood entertainment for children.
News & Articles
- The 'Newsroom' Season 2 Posters Are Just as Over-the-Top as You Would Expect Them to Be
The second season of The Newsroom is coming, and it's bringing all the self-important melodrama you loved (or hated) about Season 1. HBO has released nine new posters for the drama's upcoming season, which premieres on July 14. The black and white images feature the ACN News Night team brooding about their own importance posing next to quotes from the series as white sheets of paper float around ...
June 14, 2013 - Zimbio
- Media Views: Local radio's high-wire act
Who needs reality TV, soap operas or even a good novel? There’s plenty of melodrama playing out on St. Louis radio, with money, sex, violence, name-calling and sabotage all in the mix.
June 14, 2013 - St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Future of KCI Needs Honest, Clear-Eyed Debate
June 11--What is it about planning the future transportation needs of Kansas City that causes so much melodrama -- unless it concerns cars?
June 13, 2013 - Aircraft Maintenance Technology
- Chris Dodd in Forbes
I think those questions are legitimate. I think people want to move on,Dodd said. "I think the melodrama and all, we need to get behind us."
- Tilda Swinton in Kansas City Star
It was important to us, when we were thinking about the homage elements, that we don't do a postmodern take on melodrama,Swinton says.
- Warren Buffett in International Herald Tribune
I was skeptical of it, because I thought, 'That could really get into melodrama, go over the top,' but John Noble's fantastic . . . he's just great. I mean, he takes what could be a very crazy, over-the-top [situation] and always finds some human... Joshua Jackson http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_Jackson&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFFpr35fBs94h1k0LHT4UIMe0KsHg Philadelphia Daily News http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.philly.com/dailynews/features/columnists/20090203_Ellen_Gray___Fringe__benefits__Chemistry_between_characters_surprises_Joshua_Jackson.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGYY6X6tp-AeA8XwGuijNXJVUAXkQ Feb 3, 2009
62633 83481 melodramatic That sounds melodramatic, but I've never used that phrase before. And this really is one," Buffett said in an appearance on the "The Charlie Rose Show" that aired Wednesday night on PBS stations.