megawatt : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a unit of power equal to one million watts
- In mid-April, power bought in the mid-Atlantic region for delivery in 2002 cost $51 per megawatt hour its since fallen to $38.
- Funded by the China National Mechanical and Equipment Corporation, this 120-megawatt power plant will double the DRC's national production of electricity and bring light to a large .
- Energy taxes were channeled into research centers, where engineers crafted designs that would eventually produce cutting-edge giants like Vestas' 3-megawatt (MW) V90 turbine.
- Bob Debus in NEWS.com.au
I have written to police ministers calling on them to put in place legislation which imposes fines and jail terms for possessing pointers above one megawatt without an appropriate exemption,Mr Debus said.
- Anna Bligh in The Age
We're going to build a 10-megawatt solar thermal power station,Ms Bligh said in a statement.
- Morris Iemma in The Australian
In fact, the total sales in NSW in 2006 exceeded 285,000 megawatt hours - higher than any other state,Mr Iemma said. "The carbon saved was the equivalent to taking almost 64,000 cars off the road. The number of customers at the end of 2006...