medina : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a city in western Saudi Arabia; site of the tomb of Muhammad; the second most holy city of Islam
- n the ancient quarter of many cities in northern Africa
- Walking through the medina, you feel like you've stepped back in time.
- THE French cut off the medina with three cordons of troops, through which no Arab could escape.
News & Articles
- Medina Library to host Six Degrees of Gettysburg
Medina Library will host Cass Kuhl at 6:30 p.m. June 17 at 210 South Broadway to discuss the battles and interesting links between Gettysburg and various aspects of our lives in commemoration of the 150th anniversary of the Civil War.
June 15, 2013 - The Medina Sun
- Medina Memorial to open sleep clinic
Medina Journal-Register — The legendary comedian W.C. Fields once said, “The only cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep.” While funny to some, insomnia is a sleep disorder.
June 14, 2013 - The Journal-Register
- Medina County OVI Task Force announces sobriety checkpoint tonight
The Medina County OVI Task Force along with the Ohio State Highway Patrol, has announced an OVI checkpoint beginning at 7:00 p.m. today on SR 18 – in the 900 block of West Liberty Street - in the City of Medina.
June 14, 2013 - The Medina Sun
- Tom Tancredo in International Herald Tribune
If it is up to me, we are going to explain that an attack on this homeland of that nature would be followed by an attack on the holy sites in Mecca and Medina,Tancredo said at the Family Table restaurant. "Because that's the only thing I...
- Dick DeGuerin in International Herald Tribune
I cannot say enough about the extraordinary leadership, courage and conviction demonstrated by President Calderon, his Attorney General Eduardo Medina Mora, and the hundreds of dedicated law enforcement professionals on both sides of our border who... Tony Garza http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Garza&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFocSwsTBUu0cDqeDQm73a7665U_g New York Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/20/world/americas/20wire-mexico.html%3Fref%3Dus&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH6x9NBonSOB2dZ9awTB1eEkxwaYw Jan 19, 2007
62458 83211 medina It's ludicrous to think Francisca Medina had anything to do with burning her house," attorney Dick DeGuerin said after the court appearance.