measles : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an acute and highly contagious viral disease marked by distinct red spots followed by a rash; occurs primarily in children
- Last week Washington was having its worst measles epidemic since 1921.
- INFECTIOUS DISEASES Spring 1964 is the best of times for a German measles party.
- Most communicable of all contagious diseases is measles.
News & Articles
- Measles Alert for Dulles Airport Travelers
A passenger infected with measles traveled through Dulles International Airport, prompting health officials to warn other travelers. Photo Credit: Getty
June 19, 2013 - NBC Washington
- Measles epidemic sweeps northern Syria: MSF
An epidemic of measles is sweeping through parts of northern Syria, with at least 7,000 people affected because the ongoing civil war has disrupted vaccination programmes, Doctors Without Borders said on Tuesday.
June 18, 2013 - Fox News
- Measles alert for Dulles travelers
The Loudoun County Health Department warns that people who were at the airport on June 7 may have been exposed to measles.
June 18, 2013 - Washington Post
- Paul Offit in TODAYonline
That is Andrew Wakefield's legacy. The hospitalisations and deaths of children from measles who could have easily avoided the disease,said Mr Paul Offit, chief of infectious diseases at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Ann M Veneman in Sify
It is unacceptable that children are still dying from preventable causes,like pneumonia, malaria, measles and malnutrition,said Veneman.
- Julie Gerberding in Adnkronos International Italia
The clear message from this achievement is that the strategy works,said CDC director Dr. Julie Gerberding. "The next step is to fully implement this strategy in south Asia, where (the) measles disease burden is now the highest in the...