mayhem : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the willful and unlawful crippling or mutilation of another person
- n violent and needless disturbance
- The rioter was found guilty of one felony count of mayhem and several misdemeanor counts.
- Witnesses described the bombing as a scene of carnage and mayhem, with dead and wounded scattered among debris and body parts across the square.
- Played clip from Obama press conference, said mayhem ensued after it ended with reporters wanting more.
News & Articles
- Feds: Bulger at center of murder, mayhem in Boston
BOSTON (AP) — Reputed gangster James "Whitey" Bulger was a "hands-on killer" responsible for "murder and mayhem" in Boston for almost 30 years, a federal prosecutor told a jury Wednesday as Bulger's highly anticipated racketeering trial began.
June 12, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Feds: Whitey Bulger at center of ‘murder and mayhem’ in Boston for decades
South Boston mob boss James J. “Whitey” Bulger was at the center of “murder and mayhem” for nearly three decades, killing 19 people in the 1970s and 1980s, extorting millions from drug dealers and other criminals, and corrupting police and FBI agents, prosecutors said today as the gangster’s trial got under way 18 years after his indictment.
June 12, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Whitey Bulger behind 'murder and mayhem,' prosecutor tells jury
A federal prosecutor has told a Boston jury that James 'Whitey' Bulger was at the center of murder and mayhem in Boston for decades.
June 12, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Raymond Kelly in Herald Sun
Mr Kelly said it was "the intent of whoever did this to cause mayhem, create casualties".
- Bill Blair in The Associated Press
They came here because they saw this as a weekend of mayhem and they came here to commit criminal acts,said Blair.
- Sam Allardyce in ESPN
I can't second guess what Manchester City are going to do,said Allardyce. "Whatever happens between now and next week, as time goes on in this usual transfer window of mayhem, we will wait and see." "You never say never about...