- n a heavy long-handled hammer used to drive stakes or wedges
- v split (wood) with a maul and wedges
- v injure badly by beating
- When he pinned it down with his heel, so that it couldn't continue to maul him, it started to throw its body, slam its body back and forth, to try to maul him, to try to eat his .
- If I have a jelly bean in my pocket, he'll maul everyone on the set.
- You feel both fascinated and apprehensive, guessing with good reason that he's about to claw, bite or maul some other creature in his way.
News & Articles
- Yep, The 'Insidious: Chapter 2' Trailer Is Terrifying
Since "Insidious," director James Wan has stepped up his game and consistently scared the crap out of us. There was that Darth Maul demon from the surprise 2010 hit. We now expect a phantom clap every time we go down into the basement, thanks to the "Conjuring" trailer. And then there's this new thing, the [...]
June 5, 2013 - MTV
- Warren Gatland in Telegraph.co.uk
Lions coach Warren Gatland said: "We're definitely going to have to change a few things regarding the laws. We're fully aware the maul is a strength of South African rugby, but we're also going to be able to use it. The real factor is trying to find...
- Ian McGeechan in Irish Times
McGeechan said: "If you don't want to contest the lineout, you can put two players in, pull down the opposition, and string the other forwards across the field. It's probably the end of the short lineout and of the maul. Two players can go in and...
- Bobby Petrino in Dawg Post
The hardest thing for him was, when the ankle wasn't feeling good, is he's such a competitor that he went completely away from his technique and wanted to maul people,Petrino said. "That set him back actually more than just having the...