matrix : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (mathematics) a rectangular array of quantities or expressions set out by rows and columns; treated as a single element and manipulated according to rules
- n (geology) amass of fine-grained rock in which fossils, crystals, or gems are embedded
- n an enclosure within which something originates or develops (from the Latin for womb)
- n the body substance in which tissue cells are embedded
- n the formative tissue at the base of a nail
- n mold used in the production of phonograph records, type, or other relief surface
- TODAY: Grown in the lab from pig cells and synthetic-polymer matrix TOMORROW: Grown in the lab from stem or precursor cells to avoid rejection by the immune system.
- Securing cells in their matrix are Velcro-like patches called cellular-adhesion molecules (CAMs), which are present on every cell except red blood cells.
- Here in Morpheus' private matrix, music files are free, easy to find, superfast to download.
News & Articles
- The Options Matrix Tool (OMT): A Strategic Decision-making Tool to Evaluate Decision Alternative | By Cathy A. Enz Ph ...
The options matrix tool (OMT) is a spreadsheet-based decision making tool designed to help managers apply a set of decision criteria to a variety of alternatives or strategic options. It is particularly useful for decisions that require substantial judgment and for which numbers may not be available. By working through a series of decision-process steps, managers can establish criteria for the ...
June 18, 2013 - Hospitality Net
- Matrix Systems Strengthens Company-Wide Operations Through Lean Process Implementation
Matrix Systems, an access control and security solutions provider with a reputation built on service and long-term customer relationships, announced plans to implement new strategies to increase efficiency in manufacturing and R&D, and to further improve customer service.
June 17, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Matrix Medical Network's New Physician Bulletin Program Improves Diagnosis Accuracy
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Matrix Medical Network, a national leader in prospective medical assessment services for Medicare Advantage (MA) plan members, has launched a new care management solution, called the ...
June 17, 2013 - GlobeNewswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Emile Hirsch in Urbana Daily Citizen
Seeing 'The Matrix' for the first time when I was 13 to this day is one of my most memorable experiences ever in a movie theater,Hirsch said. "I already loved the show, and for guys of that kind of caliber to get involved with it could...
- AK Antony in CIOL
The evolving security matrix is complex and calls for co-operation and coordination of the highest level,said Antony, adding, "Today, no single service can work in isolation. Cyber warfare and threats to cyber security are fast becoming...
- Santana Moss in International Herald Tribune
Coach Z throws bags at him and they're doing those 'Matrix' kind of moves out there, it comes through in the game and you see them making play after play when guys are hanging on them,Moss said. "He's just being phenomenal right now."