matricide : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who murders their mother
- n the murder of your mother
- Is Peola guilty of matricide? Or does she represent a poignant solution to blacks hoping to escape the status of second-class citizens? To be accepted by whites, you just convince .
- First suicide candidate was a convicted matricide, who indignantly refused President Pats's poison cup and was hanged.
- There aren't any rules about what we'll see, though I think the heartwarming decision in 1987 to go to Throw Momma from the Train (speaking of matricide) has certainly influenced .
News & Articles
- Brenna metaphorically discusses ‘Murdering the Mom’
Share/BookmarkDon’t expect “Murdering the Mom,” Duff Brenna’s latest work, to be a criminal confession of matricide, although a browser at one of his book signings asked Brenna’s publisher if it was a death row confession. Quite the opposite. Nearly 15 years after his mother’s death, Brenna is writing his paean to her. The title derives [...]
July 11, 2013 - Idyllwild Town Crier
- Ian Astbury in Billboard
It's to do with matricide,Astbury said, "and how our culture destroys women, and how society still isn't working for the woman. We haven't been in a place where women have been in charge for thousands of years. That's one of the underlying...
- Simon Oakland in Salon
Feb. 2, 2007 | At the end of "Psycho," the authoritative shrink played by Simon Oakland tells us, "Matricide is probably the most unbearable crime of all."