- n the first canonical hour; at daybreak
- Great iron bells that for centuries sounded matins and vespers had been carried away, to be melted down for the Nazi war machine.
- When several monks failed to appear for matins at 4 a.
- Our traditional forms of matins and evensong, presupposing as they do acceptance of the tradition of the Church and unfailing regularity of use, are largely unsuitable.
News & Articles
- Tempesta di Mare Lights Apollo’s Fire at Barnes
By TYRAN GRILLO In the 1991 French film Tout les Matins du Monde, Gérard Depardieu plays an aged Marin Marais — in-house composer at the court of Versailles around the turn of the 18th century. Gussied up in all the accoutrements of his station, a corpulent Depardieu stares off camera, […]
March 10, 2014 - The Cornell Daily Sun