mastic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an aromatic exudate from the mastic tree; used chiefly in varnishes
- n a pasty cement used as an adhesive or filler
- n an evergreen shrub of the Mediterranean region that is cultivated for its resin
- And the local desserts of ekmek (bread-and-butter pudding) and kaimaki ice cream (flavored with mastic) made for a refreshing end to the meal.
- The strips are sealed together (one company uses heat, the other mastic and tape).
- Then in a palette cup he stirs up another mixture of (one teaspoon each) mastic varnish and black oil, and a few drops of stand oil and Venice turpentine.
News & Articles
- Long Island boy kills mom's ex-boyfriend in home invasion
MASTIC BEACH (AP) – Police on eastern Long Island say a 13-year-old boy coming to his mother’s defense fatally stabbed her ex-boyfriend after he entered their home in the middle of the night.
June 10, 2013 - Middletown Times Herald-Record
- LATEST NEWS
MASTIC BEACH, N.Y. (AP) — Police on eastern Long Island say a teenager has fatally stabbed his mother's former boyfriend. The incident happened early Monday in Mastic Beach.
June 10, 2013 - Greenwich Time
- Police: NY fatally teen stabs mom's ex-boyfriend
MASTIC BEACH, N.Y. (AP) - Police on eastern Long Island say a teenager has fatally stabbed his mother's former boyfriend. The incident happened early Monday in Mastic Beach.
June 10, 2013 - New Jersey Herald