masse : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a shot in billiards made by hitting the cue ball with the cue held nearly vertically; the cue ball spins around another ball before hitting the object ball
- Over the years, foreign missionaries not only converted the poor en masse and built grand churches and cathedrals, but also established some of the country's best schools, colleges .
- After birthing moved to hospitals en masse in the 1950s, the maternal mortality rate plummeted, from 376 per 100,000 live births in 1940 to 37.
- Both East Germany's Cabinet and the Communist Party Politburo resigned en masse, to be replaced by bodies in which reformers mingled with hard-liners.
News & Articles
- Stossel Admits To O’Reilly He’s Okay With NSA Snooping: Libertarians Calling Me ‘Traitor’
Libertarian pundit John Stossel admitted to Bill O'Reilly tonight that he can't join in the libertarian outrage over the NSA surveilling Americans' private communications because it just doesn't bother him that much. He argued that privacy is already being violated en masse by large companies like Google and Facebook...
June 19, 2013 - Mediaite
- Main Event: Lourdes supporters show colors at fundraiser
Alumni, students, parents and community friends of Lourdes High School showed up en masse for the April 27 Hearts of Gold - A Purple Tie Affair. Some 468 guests attended the annual fundraiser at the I
June 18, 2013 - Post-Bulletin
- Is a Sequester Tipping Point Coming?
When $85 billion in broad spending cuts went into effect in March the world didn't end. Kids weren't kicked out of school en masse, hundreds of thousands weren't laid off, the economy didn't tank. Sequestration was overhyped and the deluge never came. But it may begin to pour this summer.
June 17, 2013 - National Journal via Yahoo! News
- Ewan McGregor in Reuters South Africa
It's very difficult to take it in, that those kinds of things can happen, that people can murder children en masse like that,McGregor said.
- David Walker in SeniorJournal.com
Walker said that "when those boomers start retiring en masse, then that will be a tsunami of spending that could swamp our ship of state if we don't get serious" ( Reuters , 3/5).