massacre : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the savage and excessive killing of many people
- v kill a large number of people indiscriminately
The Hutus massacred the Tutsis in Rwanda
- The week after the massacre, the Marines were edgy and hostile.
- Munich Massacre The worst tragedy in modern Olympic history Slam Sports Still getting over Munich massacre Munich remembered CNN feature on the aftermath.
- Indeed, at week's end Jayawardene, who is ) both the Defense Minister and the Commander in Chief of the armed forces, had not even visited the site of the Anuradhapura massacre.
News & Articles
- Dotcom decries 'largest data massacre' after company deletes files
WELLINGTON (Reuters) - The founder of the outlawed Megaupload file-sharing site denounced on Thursday "the largest data massacre in the history of the internet", after a European firm wiped out private photos, videos and documents stored on servers used by the site. Dutch firm LeaseWeb said it had in February erased 630 servers rented by Megaupload, about a year after U.S. authorities closed the ...
June 20, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- 'I was scared,' Somali pirate says of massacre
NORFOLK The convicted pirate described a massacre. From the witness stand Wednesday, Jilani Abdiali recounted how he walked out of a 58-foot sailboat's second bedroom on Feb. 18, 2011, to see three of his compatriots opening fire on their four hostages. One of the men - Ahmed Muse Salad - wasn't even trying to aim, he said.
June 20, 2013 - The Virginian-Pilot
- Kim Dotcom's Great Data Massacre
Welp, here's hoping you didn't have anything important stored on Megaupload's mostly dormant servers. Megaupload owner and maniacal super villain Kim Dotcom says a huge amount of their servers have been wiped in a "data massacre" for the ages.
June 19, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan in CBS News
Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan told Turkish lawmakers "this bloody massacre by Israel on ships that were taking humanitarian aid to Gaza deserves every kind of curse."
- Ahmed Qureia in Ynetnews
I think it will be suspended,Qureia said. "What is happening in Gaza is a massacre of civilians,"
- Jesse Jackson in International Herald Tribune
An ugly pattern is emerging in New York,the Rev. Jesse Jackson said in Chicago after Friday's verdict. "This was a massacre. This was not a shootout. And the US attorney general must give America the assurance that we all have equal...