martini : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a cocktail made of gin (or vodka) with dry vermouth
- MANNERS MORALSThe inventor of the dry martini is lost in history's haze.
- After the speech was over, the candidate, in a celebratory mood, joined his campaign staff and the press corps traveling with him for dinner and a very dry vodka martini .
- The Presidency One of the more spirited questions around Washington now is whether Jimmy Carter has ever had a three-martini lunch.
News & Articles
- It's National Martini Day, Here's How To Fix A Proper Martini
That vulgarian James Bond popularized shaken martinis, but is that really the best way to prepare them? And how does stirring change the cocktail? What exactly makes a martini a martini , anyway? All these questions and more have been racing through our heads as the sun creeps over the yardarm on National Martini Day, a sacred made-up holiday that gives us unnecessary encouragement to booze it ...
June 20, 2013 - Gothamist
- The Martini: This American Cocktail May Have An International Twist
The martini has been called "the only American invention as perfect as the sonnet." But is this cocktail perfectly American? Maybe not entirely. In honor of National Martini Day, we decided to dig into the drink's muddled past.
June 19, 2013 - NPR
- Second Wave of Martini Media's Affluent Shopping Index(TM) Powered by comScore Reveals That Q1 Shopping Activity ...
Martini Media, a global media and advertising company, shared key findings from its most recent Affluent Online Shopper Index™ research study powered by comScore. The index measured the behavior and engagement ...
June 19, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Tom Ammiano in Los Angeles Times
I'm a martini guy myself,Ammiano said. "But I think it's time for California to . . . look at this in a truly deliberative fashion."
- Karl Rove in ABC News
Even if you never met him, you know this guy,Rove said, per Christianne Klein. "He's the guy at the country club with the beautiful date, holding a martini and a cigarette that stands against the wall and makes snide comments about...
- Garry Wills in International Herald Tribune
He was extraordinarily knowledgeable about literature. He always knew everything,Wills said Thursday, adding that he regretted Leonard stopped writing fiction after such early novels as "Wyke Regis" and "The Naked Martini." "I...