- n United States actor (1914-1998)
- n United States general and statesman who as Secretary of State organized the European Recovery Program (1880-1959)
- n United States jurist; as chief justice of the Supreme Court he established the principles of United States constitutional law (1755-1835)
- n (in some countries) a military officer of highest rank
- n a law officer having duties similar to those of a sheriff in carrying out the judgments of a court of law
News & Articles
- Marshall Scouts to attend National Jamboree
MARSHALL - Marshall area Boy Scouts lent a helping hand at the summer mini-carnival at True Value Hardware on Thursday to raise money for a trip to the National Boy Scout Jamboree.
June 21, 2013 - Marshall Independent
- John Marshall Bank Announces 5 for 4 Stock Split
John Marshall Bank today announced that the Board of Directors of the Bank has approved a 5 for 4 stock split in the form of a 25% stock dividend for shareholders of r
June 20, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Marshall's shoulder rehab progressing nicely
Injured Reds left-handed reliever Sean Marshall has continued to make progress in his efforts to return from the disabled list. Marshall, who went on the DL for a second time on May 24 because of shoulder tendinitis, long tossed from 120 feet on Wednesday and 135 feet on Thursday.
June 20, 2013 - Major League Baseball
- Jon Kyl in BusinessWeek
Too often, it sounds to me like Ms. Kagan shares the view of President Obama and (former) Justice (Thurgood) Marshall that the Supreme Court exists to advance the agenda of certain classes of litigants,said Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz. "The...
- Bono in Washington Post
Your America is where Neil Armstrong takes a walk on the moon,Bono said. "Your America gave Europe the Marshall Plan. Your America gave the world the Peace Corps."
- Robert Morgenthau in Forbes
The indictment charges that Marshall and Morrissey took advantage of Mrs. Astor's diminished mental capacity in a scheme to defraud her and others out of millions of dollars,said District Attorney Robert Morgenthau.