marquess : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n nobleman (in various countries) ranking above a count
- n a British peer ranking below a duke and above an earl
- Then Jack Kennedy's kid sister Kathleen ("Kick") up and married Ormsby-Gore's first cousin, the Marquess of Hartington.
- What has offended the noble marquess has been that the government of the day has had to face the results of its own folly.
- His first wife, Cynthia Curzon, daughter of a marquess and granddaughter of a Chicago multimillionaire, made racy copy.
News & Articles
- Democrat Salutes W-K Chevrolet
W-K Chevrolet recently held its W-K Giveaway to honor an exceptional mother. Krystal Marquess, of Sedalia, was selected and received a pre-owned vehicle on May 31. Marquess is a single mother of three
June 15, 2013 - Sedalia Democrat
- Defending state champs back on court
Photos by Steve Crowley. Junior Marquess Chriss already proved last season he was one of the top frontcourt players in the Sac-Joaquin Section. This summer is noticeably different for the Pleasant Grove High School boys basketball team.
June 14, 2013 - Elk Grove Citizen
- John Howard in Sydney Morning Herald
Terrorists don't abide by the Marquess of Queensberry rules,Howard said. "We maintain the rule of law but we have to have different rules applying that law to face different circumstances."