marathoner : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who participates in long-distance races (especially in marathons)
- In Helsingfors, Finland, Paavo Nurmi, monosyllabic marathoner, had his first interview with President Relander.
- So when Mongolia's sole female marathoner, Luvsanlkhundeg Otgonbayar, appeared at the entrance of a massive marble stadium unveiled in 1896 for Athens' first modern Olympics, it .
- Moroccan-born marathoner Khalid Khannouchi, granted American citizenship in 2000, became the world-record holder two years later.
News & Articles
- No stopping them now
Herb Marks, 89 of Attleboro a former marathoner still gets out and runs. Heading out on a training run. (Staff photo by Tom Maguire) Bill Robson, 96 of Rehoboth still gets out and plays about 25 holes of golf a week.
June 16, 2013 - The Sun Chronicle
- Spencer Hawes in Seattle Post Intelligencer
I'm not a marathoner, but I have several friends who are running for a cause and a person who is in a similar situation as Drew,said Hawes. "The camaraderie among marathoners is the same as critically-ill patients. We are all in this...
- Grete Waitz in New York Times
As a marathoner, she has really paved the way for the women of today,Waitz said. "Her fast times may scare some people. It scares me, but I'm not running anymore."
- Haile Gebrselassie in Houston Chronicle
If you are a marathoner and someone asks you if you have run New York and you say no, that's unimaginable. My career would not be complete,Gebrselassie said on the event's website.