maquis : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a guerrilla fighter in the French underground in World War II
- n the French underground that fought against the German occupation in World War II
- Until invasion lifts the curtain, the many elements which make up French resistancegroups still bearing the old party names, saboteur bands, the maquis, the manifold .
- That Bandit Spada, who once was chased through the maquis by two full regiments of gendarmes, armored tanks and reporters armed with rifles, should not know that his death was .
News & Articles
- E3 superheroes
It's about time...might be what fans of Lego video games are saying. There has been everything from Lego Batman to Lego Lord of the Rings to Lego Indiana Jones, but there's been one glaring omission, until now. Thanks to Lego Marvel Superheroes, you now have access to this crowd: Hulk, Thor, Wolverine, Iron Man, the maquis masked man Spider-Man.
June 17, 2013 - YNN Rochester
- Laurent Gbagbo in AllAfrica.com
Regarding the ranks issue, Le Nouveau Reveil, a daily close to the former ruling PDCI-RDA party, quotes the Ivoirian President Laurent Gbagbo as saying, "People gained their ranks while they were in the maquis. I receive them because they are the...