- n any animal or plant material used to fertilize land especially animal excreta usually with litter material
- v spread manure, as for fertilization
- Buying the manure is a serious problem, for the supply is decreasing and dealers are notorious for mixing in straw, water and "stale" or mule manure.
- Such cattle subsequently produce up to 40% less manure than those fed conventionally.
- There's no need to clean up manure with Niman's low cattle density, the waste just fertilizes the land Human Impact: The Omega Effect Beef has a bad rep among nutritionists .
News & Articles
- Got poop? Shrine Circus offers free exotic manure
BOISE -- The saying goes: 'There's no such thing as free lunch. We beg to differ. Sort of. That's because the lunch 'by-products' of exotic circus animals are freely available at Boise's CenturyLink Arena through Sunday. In other words, we're talking about circus poop. Lots of it. “There is a general interest in elephant manure,” said El Korah Shrine Potentate Ron Lester. Representatives with ...
June 21, 2013 - KTVB Boise
- Manure spill under investigation in Vernon County
The Department of Natural Resources is investigating a manure spill in the town of Harmony that occurred on June 7.
June 20, 2013 - Westby Times
- Dutch manure silo fall kills 3 farmworkers
Dutch police say three farmworkers have died and a fourth has been critically injured after they fell into a silo filled with manure for use as fertilizer in the northern town of Makkinga. Provincial police ...
June 19, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Thomas Jefferson in Bowling Green Daily News
Thomas Jefferson wrote to John Adams, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
- Tom Harkin in International Herald Tribune
In farm country, manure and odor management are profoundly serious challenges that can be mitigated through scientific research,Senate Agriculture Committee Chairman Tom Harkin, an Iowa Democrat, said in a Senate speech last week.
- Vladimir Putin in Reuters India
Fortunately or unfortunately, neither solar power nor firewood nor dried manure can replace hydrocarbons in the next 20-25 years,Putin told a joint news conference with Finnish Prime Minister with Matti Vanhanen.