- v spread over a surface, like a mantle
- v cover like a mantle
- s covered with or as if with clothes or a wrap or cloak
- With towering, puffin-covered cliffs mantled in pale green grass, Heimaey and its neighbors are starkly beautiful.
- His language crackles with texture and bite: "Faith, the least exclusive club on Earth, has the craftiest doorman" and "the sequined gaggle of mantled goslings streamed past me.
- The 17 chimes in the tower from which Charlie Whitman shot peal each quarter-hour, resounding over the tree-shaded campus and the mist-mantled hills beyond.