- n predacious long-bodied large-eyed insect of warm regions; rests with forelimbs raised as in prayer
- The mantis, the Arlington students explained to the Virginia legislators, eats bugs that destroy the corn, peanuts and tobacco of Virginia, while the butterfly in the .
- Re the praying mantis' being voted by the Virginia legislature as the state insect March 15: I know that a candidate, when elected, tends to change in the public eye, but I didn .
- One rakish little black and red hunting wasp specializes in the praying mantis, ghoulish grizzly of the insect world.
- Gore Verbinski in calendarlive.com
He's a praying mantis,Verbinski says of Sao Feng. "You are not quite sure if you love him or if you can trust him. He takes us through the entire journey." "He's not one straight line. He has so many faces. You can say he's a bad...
- Amani Toomer in NJ.com (blog)
Yeah, he looks like a praying mantis,Toomer said, before laughing his way into a side room for a post-practice massage.
- Richard Linnehan in Spaceflight Now
If you could picture what a praying mantis would look like, that's what I liken Dextre to,Linnehan said in a NASA interview. "I grew up with cartoons and sci-fi and there used to be this show on when I was a kid called 'Gigantor, the Space...