mania : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an irrational but irresistible motive for a belief or action
- n a mood disorder; an affective disorder in which the victim tends to respond excessively and sometimes violently
- So our fascination with the crime becomes a populist mania: an obsession with the wreckage of the rich and famous, comeuppance for hubris, a communal grasping for a moral to a .
- Michael Douglas in FOXNews
I saw the crazies from day one and I was not worried about that, certainly was not worried about playing the mania, based on my history of intensity and all of that,Douglas said. "But I was curious and challenged by where the humor and...
- John Norman in Houston Chronicle
Tut mania is back,said John Norman, president of Arts and Exhibitions International, an organizer of the exhibit.
- Grigory Yavlinsky in Forbes
Features of Stalin's rule such as "the physical removal of political opponents, ...... spy mania, defamation of government critics and rights activists, equating any dissent with anti-government activity" remain Russia's political reality,...