manganese : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a hard brittle grey polyvalent metallic element that resembles iron but is not magnetic; used in making steel; occurs in many minerals
- Already the world's largest producer of iron ore and one of the largest producers of nickel, Vale is also a growing force in copper, manganese, bauxite, precious metals, aluminum .
- Having no manganese stockpile to speak of, the State and War Departments are now trying to lay hands on all the manganese they can get.
- Steel plus a trifle of manganese gives an alloy hard enough, when fabricated into rails, to support heavy subway traffic.
News & Articles
- Manganese Flights include cast and fabricated options.
Designed for minimal maintenance, heavy-duty Premium Dura-Flight (PDF) is offered in cast or fabricated manganese variants for use in all OEM shot blast machines. Products are composed of 11–14% superior-grade, abrasion-resistant manganese steel, and both versions can be customized to fit requirements as to improve machine performance. This story is related to the following: Material ...
June 20, 2013 - ThomasNet
- UPDATE: Cancana Receives Operating License for Manganese Claim in Brazil, Awaits Water License; Shares Fall 7.5% in ...
UPDATE: Cancana Receives Operating License for Manganese Claim in Brazil, Awaits Water License; Shares Fall 7.5% in early Afternoon
June 18, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Cancana Receives Operating License for Manganese Claim in Brazil, Awaits Water License
Cancana Receives Operating License for Manganese Claim in Brazil, Awaits Water License
June 18, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Ashraf Ghani in The Associated Press
A former Afghan finance minister, Ashraf Ghani, wrote in a recent column for a London newspaper: "Afghanistan is rich in minerals including copper, iron, marble, chromite, manganese and emeralds. With good governance in place, these assets can...
- Aditya Mittal in Trading Markets (press release)
While commenting on the acquisition, Aditya Mittal, chief financial officer and member of the Group Management Board of ArcelorMittal, said, "As the largest consumer of manganese alloys in Europe, we are excited by this opportunity and we look...
- Saki Macozoma in Moneyweb
Saki Macozoma of Ntsimbintle said: "We welcome this partnership with Samancor, which is the leading manganese producer in the world. This is a mutually beneficial relationship which will hopefully ultimately see South Africa play a bigger role in...