mandolin : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a stringed instrument related to the lute, usually played with a plectrum
- The mandolin was something new to most people, and in the 1890's, heyday of parlor music, that wiry-sounding fretted instrument became the rage.
- Men come to Italy to pursue the young women, who, Barzini concedes, "are now more disturbingly beautiful than they have ever been," with "harmonious behinds like double mandolins .
- By his early 20s, and now adept in guitar, mandolin, ukulele and one-string cigar-box fiddle, Nawahi was ready for the mainland-and vaudeville.
News & Articles
- Layne Publications Posts New Music Tablature, Including New Mandolin Song Package, “The Old Homeplace”
Layne Publications, a very popular online music tablature website, recently released several of their unique Song Packages. Included in the new songs was “The Old Homeplace,” a mandolin favorite. (PRWeb June 25, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/The-Old-Homeplace-Music/Layne-Publications/prweb10865632.htm
June 25, 2013 - PRWeb
- Downhealer's at Blue Star Arts Complex
Singer, songwriter, guitarist and local music sparkplug Claudine Meinhardt (right) and guitarist/mandolin picker Jeremy Youngblood, formerly of Poesy in the Pocket, have a new folk/rocking duo that will hit the ground running.
June 22, 2013 - San Antonio Express-News
- Old Rusty Mandolin coming to the Rudyard Kipling from NC
Folk rock duo from Concord, NC will perform tomorrow night at the Rudyard Kipling. Folk rock duo, Old Rusty Mandolin will be in town to perform at the Rudyard Kipling Friday night, June 21, with doors at 7pm and music starti
June 20, 2013 - Louisville.com
- Ricky Skaggs in Albany Times Union
He bought me a mandolin and showed me three chords,Skaggs said.
- Eric Bazilian in Philadelphia Inquirer
We were at my place going through it with just piano and mandolin,says Bazilian, "and Rob said, 'Let me put a little strings on this' and then 'Let me put a bass on this' and then 'Let me put some drums on this' and it started to take on a...
- Dave King in ChartAttack
If it didn't have mandolin, accordion, fiddle and whistle, it would be punk rock, and if it didn't have guitar, bass and drums, it would be traditional Irish music,says King. "You can't be bothered being labeled."