- n the jaw in vertebrates that is hinged to open the mouth
- To their horror, scientists found that some of the specimens had been severely damaged; a pelvis was broken (possibly as a result of being dropped); a mandible had been snapped and .
- Nosing about on a farm some 50 miles from Johannesburg in 1938, bright-eyed Robert Broom found the left side of a manlike skull, a mandible, the distal end of a humerus, the .
- Few parts of the human skeleton are more subject to wear than the mandible, or lower jawbone.
News & Articles
- Mariners’ first-round pick gets hit in face, has broken jaw
Outfielder D.J. Peterson, the 12th overall pick in the 2013 draft, was scheduled for jaw surgery Friday after getting hit in the face by a pitch while playing for low Single-A Clinton on Thursday night. The Mariners said Peterson suffered an open fracture to the left mandible. Peterson, a product of the University of New…
Aug. 23, 2013 - NBC Sports: HardballTalk