mandela : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n South African statesman who was released from prison to become the nation's first democratically elected president in 1994 (born in 1918)
News & Articles
- Mandela still 'critical' in hospital: Zuma
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Former South African president Nelson Mandela remains in a critical condition in hospital, President Jacob Zuma said on Monday. "Doctors are doing everything possible to ensure his well-being and comfort," Zuma told a news conference in Johannesburg. He declined to answer specific questions about Mandela's condition, saying he had no further information. (Reporting by Ed ...
June 24, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Mandela in critical condition
Former South African President Nelson Mandela is now in critical condition in a hospital in Pretoria, the president's office said. FULL STORY
June 24, 2013 - CNN
- Mandela’s Condition Has Become Critical, Presidency Says
Nelson Mandela’s condition in a hospital in the South African capital, Pretoria, has “become critical,” the office of South Africa’s President Jacob Zuma said.
June 23, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Nelson Mandela in News Trends (blog)
In a statement released Thursday, the Nelson Mandela said he had been "inundated with requests for meetings, and it will be impossible for Mr. Mandela to join even a small fraction of them."
- Cyril Ramaphosa in The Guardian
Cyril Ramaphosa, who led the reception committee 20 years ago, told supporters: "When comrade Nelson Mandela was released, as he walked out of these prison gates, we knew that his freedom meant that our freedom had also arrived. As he became free we...