mandarin : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n shrub or small tree having flattened globose fruit with very sweet aromatic pulp and thin yellow-orange to flame-orange rind that is loose and easily removed; native to southeastern Asia
- n a member of an elite intellectual or cultural group
- n any high government official or bureaucrat
- n a high public official of imperial China
- n a somewhat flat reddish-orange loose skinned citrus of China
- n the dialect of Chinese spoken in Beijing and adopted as the official language for all of China
- Mandarin Oriental New York 10 Columbus Circle, 35th Floor, New York, NY 10019; 212-805-8876 40.
- The work: a nightmarish ballet fantasy entitled The Miraculous Mandarin, set to the 1919 music of Hungarian Bela Bartok.
- No matter that the fan shouting alongside is mandarin or mendicant, from the mainland or local born, a great-great-grandma with bound feet or a bare-bottomed tot, the voices are one.