mammon : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n wealth regarded as an evil influence
- n (New Testament) a personification of wealth and avarice as an evil spirit
- The Worldwide Church and financial accountability Jesus said: You cannot serve both God and mammon.
News & Articles
- 20th TV Acquires Norwegian Series ‘Mammon’ For Chernin Entertainment To Remake
Norwegian broadcaster NRK has made its first U.S. sale of a scripted format with thriller series Mammon . 20th Century Fox Television has acquired the format through independent distributor DRG. Peter Chernin and Katherine Pope will executive produce a U.S. adaptation for Chernin Entertainment . The deal was also brokered by UTA. Mammon – the title refers to a New Testament term that’s used to ...
Oct. 17, 2013 - Deadline Hollywood
- Pat Robertson in Online Athens
You know what they say about the Rhinestone Cowboy, 'There's been a load of compromising on the road to my horizon,'Robertson told the New York Times. "The Bible says you can't serve God and Mammon."
- St Thomas Aquinas in CounterCurrents.org
Thomas Aquinas described metaphorically the sin of avarice as "Mammon carried up from hell by a wolf, coming to inflame the human heart with greed." "Rethink you well, O ye rich, for affliction shall smite you."
- Nelson Chamisa in ZimDaily
Politics is for politicians whereas culture is for our traditional institutions,Chamisa said. "Mixing the two is like serving God and mammon, which is virtually impossible."