- n X-ray film of the soft tissue of the breast
- Ever since the 1980s, the mammogram has been the gold standard for detecting breast tumors.
- Place's doctor didn't think much of the lump either, but recommended a mammogram nonetheless.
- Without that mammogram, I wouldn't today be a cancer survivor.
- Ellen DeGeneres in Washington Post
My mom, 30 years ago, had a mastectomy. It's changed my life because I'm highly aware I'm vulnerable to this disease and I get a mammogram every year,DeGeneres said.
- Cynthia Nixon in Fashion.ie
I was . . . treated for stage one cancer [two different types] in both breasts. The cancer was detected at an early stage thanks to a mammogram and the work of a remarkable physician who insisted on investigating beyond what the mammogram could... Teresa Heinz Kerry http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teresa_Heinz&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEI3yjPM91llK2ZXmuJ4d0tdIhlfQ Washington Post http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/24/AR2009122402794.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHXq3U9Ta8vTd6o1rMAAd5wrYl4_A Dec 24, 2009
60858 81303 mammogram I always sort of thought, 'I'm probably going to get breast cancer. There's a really good chance.'" Nixon said. "I go for my completely routine mammogram and then I get a call from my gynecologist. And she says, 'Well, I have some - it's not...