- n any warm-blooded vertebrate having the skin more or less covered with hair; young are born alive except for the small subclass of monotremes and nourished with milk
- Marine mammal experts say the technology used to help understand why ocean earthquakes happen is endangering some of the world's most fragile animals.
- But working in a small rural town in Scotland, British scientist Ian Wilmut decided to steal some Dolly Parton's limelight, making history by cloning the first mammal, a sheep .
- The dolphin, one of only four exclusively freshwater species in the world, may have the unhappy distinction of being the first aquatic mammal to go extinct in more than half a .
News & Articles
- The Stone Arch Bridges Of Wadsworth Falls State Park
In Connecticut, the robin is the state bird, "Yankee Doodle" is the state song, the mountain laurel is the state flower and, of course, the sperm whale is the state mammal.
June 13, 2013 - Hartford Courant
- Photos: Humpback whales flocking to Puget Sound, straits
Back from near extinction, humpback whales are showing up in Puget Sound and Northwest straits in numbers not seen for decades. “Humpback whales (Megaptera novaeangliae) are surfacing throughout the Sound and Straits, providing whale watchers a spectacular show and environmentalists, researchers and marine mammal scientists an up-close look at an extraordinary conservation success story,” writes ...
June 13, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- USCG members help move 500 lb seal - NBC40.net
It was moving day for one of the patients at the Marine Mammal Stranding Center in Brigantine, that was released back into the wild today. The staff there needed some extra manpower to help in this literally massive undertaking
June 12, 2013 - NBC40 South Jersey
- Dirk Kempthorne in International Herald Tribune
Polar bears are already protected under the Marine Mammal Protection Act, which has more stringent protections for polar bears than the Endangered Species Act does,Kempthorne said.
- Loyola Hearn in The Australian
The government of Canada has taken action to protect the safety and livelihoods of Canadian sealers by boarding and seizing the Farley Mowat to arrest its captain and chief officer for alleged violations of Canada's Marine Mammal Regulations,...
- Peter Garrett in Winnipeg Free Press
Rangers are working ...... in a Warru Recovery Team to secure the future of this culturally significant mammal,Garrett said.