- n tropical American tree having edible fruit with a leathery rind
- n globular or ovoid tropical fruit with thick russet leathery rind and juicy yellow or reddish flesh
- Coming soon: Cuba's mamey sapote (which tastes like a cooked sweet potato), the yellow kiwi (smoother, less tart than the green type), and the jackfruit (fibrous, fleshy, richly .
- On a Saturday night at Versailles, the undisputed palace of Cuban cooking in the heart of Little Havana, Anglo couples slurp mamey milk shakes made from a sweet tropical fruit .
News & Articles
- Beaumont family recalls Cuban escape 50 years ago
Leaving Cuba meant leaving behind all of her family, especially her parents and five sisters, and a plush, beautiful country she loved. In Cuba, the Guzmans lived a comfortable life, even luxurious. Modesto Guzman worked as a regional director for Coca-Cola Co. and Sofia Guzman cared for their home, livestock and vegetation like mango, mamey and coconut trees. Fifty years later, she lives ...
Oct. 21, 2013 - Beaumont Enterprise