- n misconduct in public office
- The Inspector General Act was designed to protect patriotic whistle-blowers who seek to reveal malversation in government.
- This was shown by one of the framers of the impeachment provision, James Wilson, who said that what he had in mind was misbehavior, or what he called "malversation.
News & Articles
- Court petition aims to force Jenkins out
MONTICELLO — A group of village residents is petitioning a state court to remove Gordon Jenkins as mayor and village manager under a law allowing an officer's removal for "misconduct, maladministration, malfeasance, or malversation."
Jan. 23, 2014 - Middletown Times Herald-Record
- Miriam Defensor-Santiago in Manila Bulletin
If they are using public funds, they are guilty of malversation. If they are using private funds, they are guilty of premature campaigning,Santiago, a former law professor, said.
- Aquilino Pimentel Jr in Inquirer.net
Kung naibulsa lamang, anti-graft yung kaso. Pero kung P200 million ginamit sa proyekto at di ayon sa nakasulat sa GAA, technical malversation yan (If the senator just pocketed that money, he or she faces graft charges. But if the P200 million is... Panfilo Lacson http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panfilo_Lacson&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGO4C9oX78AKHjPzjw5SSwYfwbAHw GMA news.tv http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.gmanews.tv/story/120631/Senator-behind-P200-M-double-insertion-may-face-criminal-raps---Lacson&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF3Y6FmeDxaJr9KKhdV8-9044AGmw Sep 15, 2008
60835 81271 malversation Pimentel said the order of the President for the subsidies was theoretically" a valid basis for impeachment since it would fall under "malversation of public funds."