- n a republic on the island of Malta in the Mediterranean; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1964
- n a strategically located island to the south of Sicily in the Mediterranean Sea
News & Articles
- Malta's Fab new growth
Malta's Fab new growth Times Union Copyright 2013 Times Union. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 7:59 am, Monday, June 10, 2013 Malta Fab 8, the massive computer chip manufacturing complex in Malta where GlobalFoundries has spent $9 billion since 2009, has become so sprawling that it might need its own ZIP code. In fact, one ...
June 12, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Malta rules out legal action against former EU Commissioner
VALLETTA (Reuters) - Malta does not have enough evidence to start criminal proceedings against former EU Health Commissioner John Dalli in a bribery case, Malta's Police Commissioner Peter Paul Zammit said on Monday. Dalli resigned in October after OLAF, the EU's anti-fraud agency, said there was circumstantial evidence he was aware former assistant, Silvio Zammit, was seeking a bribe to arrange ...
June 10, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Malta Days continues to bring everyone together
MALTA – Everyone comes out to Malta Days to see everyone they’ve been missing.
June 10, 2013 - Daily Chronicle
- Lawrence Gonzi in The Age
Malta became a very attractive place for investment from Europe and outside Europe at the moment we said we would be joining the eurozone,Prime Minister Gonzi told AFP recently.
- Pope Benedict XVI in New York Times
Just as St. Paul's "shipwreck brought Malta the good fortune of getting the faith, we can also think that the wrecks of life can bring God's project to us and be useful for a new start of our life," Benedict said.
- Nick Clegg in Mirror.co.uk
Mr Clegg said: "We are now, on some measures, the most centralised country in Europe, bar Malta."