- n highly decorated earthenware with a glaze of tin oxide
- Then step back in time at the majolica-tiled Osteria della Matonella, tel: (39-081) 416 541, where pasta alla Genoves (with veal and onions) and rum baba testify to 35 years of mama .
- The palace boasts doorways carved from precious marble, exquisite frescoes, majolica-tiled fireplaces and rare surviving examples of pastellone (powdered marble) floors.
- Art Nouveau glass is now more respectable than Renaissance majolica; the despised salon painters of the Third Empire are on show in the museums again.
News & Articles
- 'Ice stands' were meant to stand out
Cowles Syndicate Inc. This 18-inch high piece of majolica, used to serve dessert, sold for $8,610 at Neal Auction Co. in New Orleans.
Aug. 29, 2013 - Everett Herald
- Minton ice stand makes a cool collectible
A Minton majolica centerpiece was auctioned in May 2013 as an “ice stand.” Minton & Polson was established in 1793 in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England. The company started making majolica in about 1850. Some of these early pieces, marked “Minton,” inspired majolica made after 1873, when the company often...
Aug. 25, 2013 - Observer-Reporter