- n Mexican plant used especially for making pulque which is the source of the colorless Mexican liquor, mescal
- n Philippine plant yielding a hard fibre used in making coarse twine
- Only two years ago Sahagun was a textbook example of Mexican poverty, peopled by sleepy peons who made a living tapping "honey water" from the heart of the maguey cactus to .
- They heralded the end of the dry season and of the dust clouds raised by the afternoon wind from the cornfields and the green rows of the maguey.
- Last week Zonite directors decided to purchase controlling interest in the Agmel Corporation, whose therapeutic products are derived from aguamiel, the sap of the Mexican maguey .