magnetite : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an oxide of iron that is strongly attracted by magnets
- The suspicion is that magnetite enables these creatures to sense the earth's magnetic field, letting them navigate from one place to another with what amounts to biological .
- The two-story brick schoolhouse was built for 400 children in 1948, when a titanium and magnetite mine was operating nearby.
- Also present in the samples are magnetite and iron sulfide, which on Earth are associated with bacterial action.
- Frank Timis in Reuters South Africa
The proceeds will allow us to develop the magnetite iron ore resource towards our target of 10 billion tonnes and fast track the Tonkolili definitive feasibility study,Executive Chairman Frank Timis said in a statement.
- Colin Barnett in WA today
What has happened is we have tried to turn iron ore miners into steel makers,Mr Barnett said. "If we can attract the steel companies here, they have the expertise, particularly in dealing with low-grade magnetite ores."