- n an unnaturally frenzied or distraught woman
- n (Greek mythology) a woman participant in the orgiastic rites of Dionysus
- Women in the plays are almost always presented in either the image of the "mothermadonnahousewife" or the "whoremaenad.
- Pointing up the changes, Walker writes: "Titian's maenad seems wrapped in dreams, the marvelous sensuality of her pose dowered with a poetic beauty.
News & Articles
- 'True Blood' vicious villains
Who doesn't love a good villain? While all of the major players on " True Blood " fall within shades of gray, there were some truly vile creatures to behold in the HBO hit's first five seasons, from that nutty maenad in Season 1 to the uber-ruthless Russell Edgington, who met his end in Season 5. We've rounded up the best of the worst.
June 22, 2013 - NBC NEWS