madonna : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the mother of Jesus; Christians refer to her as the Virgin Mary; she is especially honored by Roman Catholics
- n United States pop singer and sex symbol during the 1980s (born in 1958)
- Guy Ritchie in Telegraph.co.uk
In a statement, Ritchie said: "Madonna is a fantastic and loving mother who cares deeply about her own children, and children who may need additional help and support. I fully supported Madonna in her decision to apply for this adoption, and I am...
- Angelina Jolie in Boston Herald
Madonna knew the situation in Malawi, where (David) was born,said Jolie, who adopted her son, Maddox, 5, from Cambodia and her daughter, Zahara, 2, from Ethiopia. "It'sa country where there is no real legal framework for adoption."
- Steve Morse in San Jose Mercury News
Yet "if you think of rock 'n' roll, Madonna is not the first name that comes to mind," said Steve Morse, longtime Boston Globe music critic who was a member of the hall of fame's nominating committee for seven years.