machismo : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n exaggerated masculinity
- The affair has already prompted nationwide soul searching in Nicaragua about the legacy of machismo that no amount of revolutionary rhetoric has altered.
- That gave the Corvette the very totem of hairy-chest, disco machismo acceleration comparable to a very hot Vespa.
- Achebe guides us through the intricacies of Igbo culture, its profound sense of justice, its sometimes murderous rules, its noble and harmful machismo.
News & Articles
- HBT Daily: Beanball wars are absolutely stupid
I’ve been on this high horse many a time. And I don’t care how many folks tell me I’m being all uptight and goody-goody about it. I’ll still always be right and you’ll still always be victims of a culture of machismo which has mistaken violence for valor. Hmm. Don’t think I’m helping my cause…
June 13, 2013 - NBC Sports: HardballTalk
- Shami Chakrabarti in Indymedia UK
Shami Chakrabarti director of Liberty said "This looks like a political machismo, a legacy moment. Stopping and questioning anyone you like will backfire because people will be being criminalised."
- Sal Fasano in Canada.com
As the first prominent sportsperson on this island to come out...... he has challenged that boorish machismo that still underpins a lot of Irish society and a lot of GAA life. And he has challenged those of us who by our silence are accomplices in... Tom Humphries http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Humphries&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGIHF02WecxLJb_R2Q2KXz8WNlI6g AFP http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hDY2tgs4Zon5M-V0WJBjMEC_URVw&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH3SK4PNJ_sAXWmhx_ZQT4o4_Lrzg Oct 22, 2009
60185 80342 machismo I really don't do it very often," said Fasano, who actually did it again in the eighth for a sacrifice that moved a runner to second. "I always could, but you always get that machismo thing going and (he thinks you) waste a good pitch, maybe...