lyric : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the text of a popular song or musical-comedy number
his compositions always started with the lyrics
- n a short poem of songlike quality
- v write lyrics for (a song)
- s expressing deep emotion
the dancer's lyrical performance
- a used of a singer or singing voice that is light in volume and modest in range
a lyric soprano
- a relating to or being musical drama
the lyric stage
- a of or relating to a category of poetry that expresses emotion (often in a songlike way)
- And we don't doubt that, for some people, a U2 lyric can express how they feel better than they could.
- "Did He Write That?", music by Harry Warren, lyric by Tony Thomas, 1978 In the title song of the 1934 Warner Bros.
- The music is hardly subtle (sample lyric: "My woman doesn't stop when it's time to work her bum bum").
News & Articles
- Buzzworthy Obsession: The Julie Ruin, 'Oh Come On' (VIDEO)
Punk pioneer Kathleen Hanna is back with The Julie Ruin's new lyric video, "Oh Come On." We're not usually in the habit of assigning homework around here, especially this close to summer, but if the name Kathleen Hanna doesn't ring a bell, then you should promptly close whatever other tabs you have open IMMEDIATELY and [...]
June 14, 2013 - MTV
- Watch Ciara And Nicki Minaj's 'I'm Out' Lyric Video (NSFW)
Watch Ciara and Nicki Minaj's colorful "I'm Out" lyric video. Thinking about Ciara and Nicki Minaj together in a video is, like, A VERY FUN EXPERIENCE! Perhaps one where you might get "Super Turnt Up," even? Because aside from, well, immense sex appeal, we forsee tons of smokey eyes, big hair, tight abs, and maybe even some cleavage [...]
June 13, 2013 - MTV
- Video Premiere: Count To Four, 'Bottles And Books' (NSFW) (Lyric Video)
Count To Four recall early era pop punk in their "Bottles And Books" lyric video. Holy nostalgia, Count To Four. Are you sure you didn't write "Bottles And Books" somewhere between 2002 and 2005? We get that you just released your studio debut, Between Two Cities, in April 2013, but you could've warned us about [...]
June 12, 2013 - MTV
- Placido Domingo in San Jose Mercury News
I said to him, 'What about doing Romeo at the Met?'Domingo said in an interview with The Associated Press. "I said, 'Your voice sounds wonderful, and I think you can do it.' He has a lyric voice and he has power. I hope a star will be...
- Joni Mitchell in Washington Post
It's a great visual aid,said Mitchell. "I'm a frustrated filmmaker. ...... My songs are like little plays, you may have four or five emotional changes in the context of one lyric."
- David Lindsay-Abaire in FOXNews
It's a surprise. I had processed months ago that it wasn't in the cards, so I was just going about my day, trying desperately to write a lyric for `Shrek,'said Lindsay-Abaire told The Associated Press.