- n a strong solution of sodium or potassium hydroxide
- Children are often innocent victims of lye and other corrosives.
- Most of the works is out of doors which is almost necessary, because Annie uses lye and sodium hydrosulfite, resulting in fumes that make it necessary for her to cover her hair .
- No sane inspector would poke around in lye, which can inflict severe eye, skin and lung burns.
News & Articles
- U.S. Open: Harbor High alum Cory McElyea fulfills long-time goal of qualifying for U.S. Open
Golf's longest day turned into the longest night for Santa Cruz's Cory McElyea. This time, though, it wasn't an evening of regret and self-inflicted misery.
June 13, 2013 - Santa Cruz Sentinel
- When science smells good
LEWISTON — At its most basic, soap-making is a combination of caustic lye and a fat of some kind, mixed with a chemist's precision. "It's kind of magical," Lewiston's Tracey Miller said. "It's chemistry, which is sort of ironic, because chemistry was probably my worst subject in school.
June 10, 2013 - The Lewiston Sun Journal
- Karl Rove in eTaiwan News
Any food that's key element is lye takes an acquired taste,Rove said of the dried cod dish that is reconstituted by soaking it in the alkaline solution.