lycopene : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n carotenoid that makes tomatoes red; may lower the risk of prostate cancer
- In these studies, a strong link between lycopene and the reduction of later-stage aggressive tumors emerged.
- Tomatoes contain lycopene, probably the most powerful antioxidant among the carotenoids, the compounds that turn fruits and veggies deep orange.
- I haven't yet started swallowing the daily statin they say I should be taking now, the daily aspirin, the lycopene for my prostate.
- Fred Hutchinson in Reuters UK
In a written statement, Dr. Ulrike Peters of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle said the finding is "disappointing, since lycopene might have offered a simple and inexpensive way to lower prostate cancer risk for men concerned...