- n the trade of cutting or preparing or selling timber
- v move heavily or clumsily
- v cut lumber, as in woods and forests
- s slow and laborious because of weight
moved with a lumbering sag-bellied trot
- They're lumbering, quarrelsome and predictable in their movements and, says Houpt, "40% of them wind of them up in the belly of lions.
- And while the lumbering Scud launchers can be observed from satellites, the fold-up Qassam-2 can be concealed and assembled within minutes.
- Teeming with bird and marine life, giant ferns and towering mangrove plants whose roots straddle land and water like the legs of lumbering animals, the creeks and swamps of the .
News & Articles
- Titanfall's contrast between agility and agitation
There is a stark contrast between pilots and titans in Titanfall , the new multiplayer-centric shooter from Respawn Entertainment. As a footsoldier, players are mice - hard to hit and scurrying from one crumbled hovel to the next. The titans stand tall, lumbering death dealers in a constant sense of agitation, ever at the ready and percolating with malevolent intent. It makes for a very ...
June 12, 2013 - Joystiq
- Jonah Keri On Baltimore's Heavy-hitting Chris Davis - Grantland
For the first 1,495 at-bats of his career, Chris Davis looked like a thousand big, lumbering, mediocre sluggers before him. He didn't run well and didn't field well.
June 7, 2013 - The Huffington Post
- Ricky Gervais in Earthtimes.org
My character works in the film industry, where actors are really readers who tell completely factual stories,Gervais said. "My character's a loser who's about to lose his job, and who's lumbering through the 1300s. All he's got to work...
- John Gibbons in Toronto Star
He's a big, slow, lumbering guy, he's built that way. And a lot of lefties, they fall to that third-base side, but still, he needs to get over there,said Blue Jays manager John Gibbons.
- Ozzy Osbourne in CNN
I was wiped out on pills,Osbourne told the newspaper. "I couldn't talk. I couldn't walk. I could barely stand up. I was lumbering about like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. It got to the point where I was scared to close my eyes at night...