- n a segment of the trunk of a tree when stripped of branches
- n the exponent required to produce a given number
- n a written record of messages sent or received
they kept a log of all transmission by the radio station
an email log
- n a written record of events on a voyage (of a ship or plane)
- n measuring instrument that consists of a float that trails from a ship by a knotted line in order to measure the ship's speed through the water
- v enter into a log, as on ships and planes
- v cut lumber, as in woods and forests
- My boss doesn't really log our Web content (though he has the capability) but the person to my right is a MAJOR gossip and I'm better off not chancing it.
- I'll give Mark Sanford this: After all of the terse, tight-lipped, vague apologies for .
News & Articles
- Log Lane to revisit paying town marshal for comp time
The Log Lane Village Board of Trustees on Wednesday will revisit the issue of whether to pay Town Marshal Fred Cook for accrued comp time.
June 11, 2013 - The Fort Morgan Times
- Police Log (June 11)
This log includes incidents in which there might have been a public disturbance or a risk to the public. Information comes from the Corvallis Police Department and the Benton County Sheriff’s Office. It does not include all calls for service. The status of incidents might change after further investigation. Locations are approximate. People arrested or suspected in crimes are considered innocent ...
June 11, 2013 - Corvallis Gazette-Times
- Police log - June 11, 2013
The police log is supplied by the Washington County Communications Center. An arrest is merely an accusation. All suspects should be considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Total — 27 Treatment — 0 Male section — 13 Female section — 4 Work release — 3 Holding — 2 Special needs – 0 Contract inmates — 5 Arrests Christina Marie Gray, 27, of Washington, was arrested Monday ...
June 11, 2013 - Washington Evening Journal
- Fred Fielding in International Herald Tribune
The committees have already prejudged the question, regardless of the production of any privilege log,Fielding wrote. "In such circumstances, we will not be undertaking such a project, even as a further accommodation."
- Denny Hamlin in USA Today
I think everyone was just content to log laps,said Denny Hamlin, who was sidelined with an engine problem before the finish. "Where is the middle ground between the new NASCAR rule and racing? Let us race. They gave us a car to race, now...
- Pranab Mukherjee in USA Today
We have indicated to them that there are ample evidences from the log book of the captured ship, from the information available from satellite telephones and various others that elements from Pakistan were responsible for this attack,...