- n (nautical) the forward edge of a fore-and-aft sail that is next to the mast
- n the act of sailing close to the wind
- v sail close to the wind
- v flap when the wind is blowing equally on both sides
the sails luffed
- Luff, the forward edge of the sail.
- As the Woolly Bully heads home, Sealey tells Sigler to do the docking--which will of course require her to luff the jib (loosen the front sail).
- As the Woolly Bully heads home, Sealey tells Sigler to do the docking which will of course require her to luff the jib (loosen the front sail).
News & Articles
- Centrica plc UK Regulatory Announcement: Director/PDMR Shareholding
LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Centrica plc 19 June 2013 PDMR Shareholdings Acquisition of Shares On 18 June 2013, Mike Linn, a Director of the Company, acquired 42,575 ordinary shares of the Company of 6 14/81 pence each (Shares) at a price of 372.00. pence per Share. Following this acquisition, Mr Linn holds 42,575 Shares. Exercise of Sharesave Options On 18 June 2013, Nick Luff, a Director of the ...
June 19, 2013 - Business Wire